Help

Re: Is it possible to set permissions to view and edit only a few specific tables in the base?

Solved
Jump to Solution
2588 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minwoo_Ahn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello~ Airtablers~
Is it possible to set permissions to view and edit only a few specific tables in the base? For example, there are 5 tables in one base, and I want my collaborators to be able to see and edit only one table out of those 5 tables. Is it possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, I meant turn off. In order to edit records at all collaborators must have editor (or higher) permissions. However, by default being an editor gives permission to edit all records in all tables. Thus, you must make someone an editor, and then turn off the editing permissions for everything you don’t want them to be able to edit.

This part is not possible with only Airtable. All collaborators can see all data in the the base. If you need to hide some data, you should look into creating a portal.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Yes, this is possible if you have a pro workspace. You will have to turn off the ability to add or delete records for each table, and you will have to turn off the ability to edit records for each field in each table. See this support page for more info.

I think kuovonne meant to say turn ON the ability to edit records…

No, I meant turn off. In order to edit records at all collaborators must have editor (or higher) permissions. However, by default being an editor gives permission to edit all records in all tables. Thus, you must make someone an editor, and then turn off the editing permissions for everything you don’t want them to be able to edit.

This part is not possible with only Airtable. All collaborators can see all data in the the base. If you need to hide some data, you should look into creating a portal.

i just filter all my views with the data and sync it to a new base then share only that BASE access with the person.

@Rebecca_Elam That method of using synced tables works well when collaborators only need to view data. It is problematic when users also need to edit the data but do not have access to the original source.