Help

Re: Is there a way to link to the summary bar?

2158 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rae_Crothers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Now that I’m on a Pro plan with more tools available to me, I’m trying to eliminate a spreadsheet from my workflow because all the data in it stems from AT. Surely, AT must have the ability to summarize all of this for me.

I have a table in my base where I track what I’m working on each day. I can have multiple records with the same date. I then use views to get a summary for a specific date or for a whole month. I can see my total earnings and time worked for that view at the bottom. Is there a way to link to those numbers in another table so that I can then use those numbers to do some calculations? The only way I’ve figured out how to get to what I want to do is a combo of a linked field and a roll-up, but the linked field can have dozens of records I have to add manually, so I could miss one. It would be so much easier if that record field could immediately link to the summary of a view in another table.

Screenshot at Feb 12 14-35-13

9 Replies 9

Welcome to the community, @Rae_Crothers!

Sadly, the summary bar values are not accessible to us in any way at all in Airtable. :frowning: This is one of my big pet peeves about Airtable.

I would highly recommend emailing this as a feature request to support@airtable.com.

Thank you for that confirmation. I guess I’ll stick to my separate spreadsheet. I thought there might be more spreadsheet functions as a Pro member, in the apps and scripting, but nope.

Before you leave Airtable, be sure to let the support team at support@airtable.com know why you’re leaving.

Also, you could automate the process of linking all of your records from the same month to another table — where you could then recreate the summary values with rollup fields.

It’s still not the ideal solution, but at least you wouldn’t have to do it manually.

You could automate this with Airtable’s built-in automations, or by writing a Javascript, or by using an external automation platform like Integromat or Zapier.

Rae_Crothers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Oh my goodness, I am never leaving airtable! I just have a spreadsheet that I use to summarize my earnings that I was hoping to integrate into my base. Maybe one day! Thank you for your workaround solutions! I will have a look at those and see if maybe I can get there in a roundabout way.

Oh, hahaha! That’s great to hear!! :partying_face: :raised_hands:

If you’re just using a spreadsheet in addition to Airtable, then you might want to check out Integromat. It can let you completely automate the entire process of sending all of your Airtable data into Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel!

p.s. I’m an Airtable consultant & an Integromat expert, which is why I love both of them so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

The calendaring features I’ve unlocked are the solution I’ve been looking for for years and enough to keep me at AT on a Pro plan. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks for referral to Integromat. I’ll go have a look!

Ha, I love it! That’s great to hear!

Integromat has a bit of a learning curve, but once you figure it out, it’s incredibly powerful & awesome. If you have a budget for your project and you need to hire someone to help you, feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com.

Rae_Crothers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I did plan this year to get together with a consultant to improve my base. :blush: I’m still articulating what exactly that I missing or want to automate. So I will be reaching out as I do have a budget but it’ll be in the next quarter. Thanks!

Oh, fantastic! I will be your new expert Airtable consultant! :slightly_smiling_face: