Help

Re: Linking Records Multiple Times from another Table in One Cell (Multiple reference)

440 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan_Gribbo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, Im am trying to find out how to link one record multiple times. I am attempting to make my material price table and flat-rate table work together.

Right now I have 2 Tables that don’t work together. The First table is a flat-rate table for jobs which includes material, labor hours to have prices for individual jobs such as replacing one fixture. My other Table is just for material and can be updated as prices fluctuate.

Right now with material price changes the flat-rate table has to be updated separate from the material table. So I made a new flat-rate table that links to material so it will update automatically with price changes. My problem is in the quantities, all of my material is based in units of one, on foot of wire, one switch etc. This is how it’s shown on invoices from my supplier so it makes updating prices the most convenient. I can’t link a record multiple times in my flat-rate table to reflect proper quantities of material without changing the original record’s quantity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I attached an image of the view showing the basic setup which uses rollup to sum material prices linked from the material table.
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.42.28 AM
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.46.25 AM
![Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.46.41 AM|700x360](upload://
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.47.14 AM
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.47.24 AM
q8OvQZF0u5JmU2UWXaNxI3wxUqB.png)
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.46.58 AM

1 Reply 1

Hey Jonathan, the only way I know to deal with this involves creating another table to handle the quantity of each material’s needed for the job.

I’ve thrown something together for you here. To view the setup (formulas, automations (if any) etc), duplicate the base by clicking the title of the base at the top of the screen, then the three horizontal dots on the right, and then the “Duplicate Base” button.