569 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christa_Patton1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I'm trying to link two tables.  One of my tables (Inventory) has a URL field that I'd like to reference in the other table (Customer Project).  All the fields have linked well except the URL isn't working on the field I linked to (Customer Project).  For reference I have an inventory table and a Customer Project Table.  When I go to the customers table, I'd like to use the link from the inventory table.  I set the Field with the URL as a look up.

Seems I've missed a step or misunderstood something. 

Thanks  

3 Replies 3

Hi @Christa_Patton1,
To ensure your lookup functions correctly, you can double-check that the 'link to another record' is properly set up between the two tables. Afterwards, create a new lookup field that references the specific URL field, ensuring the formatting is correct. The most important part is making sure that the record in the Customer Project table is correctly linked to the Inventory table.

I hope this helps!

Calendly: https://alessiomonino.com/contact
Email: alessio.monino@gmail.com

Christa_Patton1

Hi @Alessio_Monino Thank you.  I'll take a look at the configuration on my  
"Customer" field.  Appreciate your remarks.

Hi @Alessio_Monino, I had to take a break on the project.  I'm back on it and am still having issues.  On the Vendor field where I have a link to the product it is formatted as long text with Rich text formatting enabled.  The customer field is formatted configured as the look up field.   This is where I want to also be able to click a link to the product but I get an error message on the web page.  I chose to use long text and enabled text formatting because it was clearer to read in the field.  Maybe I'm being redundant with wanting to have a link to the product from both Inventory field and Customer field. However I think this would be easier for the team to use if they could click a link from either field.  Thanks for the help.