1579 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben_Einstein
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I feel like I’m possibly missing something but it appears there’s no way to get markdown/rich text out of the field/table that it’s in? If I add a LOOKUP field that references a rich text field, the text comes through but all formatting is stripped. Is there a way around this?

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, this is one of the limitations of Airtable.

I would highly recommend sending an email to support@airtable.com and ask them to please support this functionality. This would be very useful for many of my Airtable consulting clients.

Probably the best thing you can do here — although not an ideal solution — is to create an automation that copies and pastes the rich text from one table to another. When you’re done editing your rich text field in the original table, you would check a checkbox which then triggers an automation to copy & paste the RTF value from the original table into a RTF field in your other table. Definitely not an ideal solution.

In the meantime, you may want to explore more advanced database products that natively offer this feature that you're looking for, such as Apple's Claris FileMaker. I used to be a FileMaker developer for 30 years before becoming an expert Airtable consultant in 2018.

If you need to hire someone to help out with either Airtable or FileMaker, please feel free to reach out to my through my website: Airtable Consultant — ScottWorld