cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_K
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey there,

We built a Mail Merge add-on for Airtable. Check it out!

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 5.25.08 PM.png

You can send personalized emails based on information in your base. It’s open-source (< 30 lines of Python), so you can edit how the entire add-on works yourself too.

Here’s how to enable it:

Step 1
Install Blockspring Scripts for Chrome.

Step 2
Go to a base. You might need to refresh the page once you get there if you just installed the extension.

Step 3
Click the icon in the bottom left to open the scripts editor.

50 PM

Step 4
Import the “Mail merge” template.
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 5.13.35 PM.png

Step 5
Wait for the template to install. This may take a bit the first time.
56 PM

Step 6
Sign in with Gmail.
34 PM
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 5.15.42 PM.png

Step 7
Close the editor then click on mail_merge in your base.
53 PM

Step 8
Fill out the form! You’ll need to select a column of emails, enter a subject line, and then write your email template (check out the video below for examples - it uses the mustache library).

Here’s a video showing how the add-on works.

Enjoy! And shoot us some feedback once you get a chance to try it out.

PS - if you want to change the code behind the add-on, just click back on the icon and edit away.

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 5.42.41 PM.png

10 Replies 10

Quick point of clarification: this service is neither officially endorsed nor vetted by Airtable. Airtable cannot vouch for the security credentials of this third-party service, and if you choose to make use of this service, you do so at your own risk. Please be careful when potentially exposing your Airtable data to third-party services, especially if you are using Airtable to store sensitive information.

Thank you for this clarification - so would you recommend the csv/google sheets method?

Nat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This Mail Merge tool is great @Paul_K! we added to resource directory here: https://builtonair.com/resources. More people need to know about this!

sean_lu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello , I install it to chrom and see the ICON in my base, but after clicking it , NOTHING happened.

any solution ?

regards
sean lu

I tried to get it to work, but never received any response. No Icon in my base and nothing happens. I think this product is over.

Regards,
André

Simon_Riker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, I’m getting a console error when I click the icon after attempting to enable scripts.

also this popup I’m getting…
but can’t get further…
can anybody help me?

after clicking the popup: ‘ok’ nothing happens

thanks
Karel

karel_rosseel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

is this working still?
also this popup I’m getting…
but can’t get further…
can anybody help me?
after clicking popup ‘ok’ nothing happens

thanks
Karel

As fas as I know this has not been working for at least a year and a half. It looked very promissing to me.

This happens for me too!