Help

Matching data from one table to many tables?

1266 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AirtableQuestio
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m pulling in Google analytics data to one table in a base via a 3rd party extension, it includes a column with a pageview number and another with the corresponding URL. On my other tables on this base I have the URL already in a column. I’m looking to pull in the pageviews by matching URL in my other tables and cannot figure out how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cofounder @ Flowmonk.com
2 Replies 2

Let’s call the table with the Google Analytics data the Data table, and the other tables that contian the URLs already in a column Table 1, Table 2 and so forth

If you can change the column layouts of Table 1 etc, make the URL column the primary column for those tables. From there, you can create link fields from the Data table to Table 1, Table 2, etc and paste the URL into it, and then use lookups / rollups to see the fields from the Data table that you need

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 3.39.49 PM
Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 3.40.03 PM

If modifying the layout isn’t possible, you can make an automation that would look for a record in Table 1 that had the same URL value, and then link the records together, allowing you to use lookups and rollups, same as above.

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 3.42.47 PM

Both of the above setups can be found here

riyadroyad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Have you explored the power of VLOOKUP? If you're working in Excel or Google Sheets, this function can be your best friend. You can use it to find a match for the URL in your other tables and bring in the corresponding page views. It might take a bit of formula work, but it's a reliable method. If you're using more advanced data analysis tools like Tableau or Power BI, you could think about merging your tables. You'd want to use a common key, in this case, the URL, to combine your data sources. Once they're united, your pageviews and URLs will be in harmony, ready for analysis.You can also explore another platform to organize your data. You can explore this platform at datahive360.com.