876 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megan_Jennings
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I just set up my first multi-source synced table. The information is syncing correctly, but the lookup and rollup fields aren’t working, those fields will only pull source data related to the first synced table, not the second. This seems like a glitch since it completely eliminates the benefits of having multi-sync functionality, has anyone else experienced this? Could this be related to something I did incorrectly at set up?

6 Replies 6

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You should be able to examine the field mappings in your sync settings for the second table. Make sure that the fields in the two source tables have compatible field types.

The field types are the same, essentially my set up is:
Table 1 has project type A with budget
Table 2 has project type B with budget
Table 3 syncs Table 1 & 2 into the same table and pulls their budget totals.
Table 4 summarizes information in Table 3 and is supposed to roll up budget totals from Table 3, but
will only roll up totals that originated Table 1, not Table 2

Does Table 3 have the proper budget numbers for records from both sources?

Are Tables 3 & 4 in the same base? Are they connected with a linked record field? How is the value for the linked record field set?

Megan_Jennings

Tables 3 & 4 are in the same base, and they are linked. The record ID’s in Table 3 are synced from Tables 1 & 2 and those are set by a Concatenate formula in the source tables.

I’m not sure I completely understand your first question, but I can say that both source tables have budget numbers and those are correctly syncing to Table 3.

It sounds like the data is coming through the sync okay, since the budget numbers are syncing correctly.

Are all records in Table 3 linked to Table 4, or only the records that came from Table 1?

If only records that originated from Table 1 are linked to Table 4, I recommend revisiting how you create those links. You might have an automation, or the links might have been created manually in the past, but were never created for Table 2 records.

Tito_Alverio
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This kind of sounds similar to my issue, at least in regards to multi-sync and rollup fields.

I have a multi-sync happening where Base A's Table 1 & 2 are syncing to Base B's Table 3. I have a People table (Table 0 I guess) in Base A that is assigned/linked to Base A Tables 1 & 2. The People Table 0 info is being synced through to Base B Table 3 via Tables 1 & 2. There's also Base B Table 4 where the main work is being done that links to Table 3 records, and where I'm running into issues:

Issue: When trying to do a rollup for people to return only unique names, it does not work. Originally the names came into the target table (Table 3) with quotes since they were originally linked records, but even when I added lookup fields to Tables 1 & 2 and brought the lookup field info to Table 3, same behavior. What's strange is I was able to get unique values in another field (Status field) in the same tables. So I'm unsure why the behvaior is not consistent.

Table 3 (target table) below showing the fields. The "People" field is not a linked field type of course, due to the sync, and the "Status" field is no longer a formula field, but a long text field type... interesting:

Screen Shot 2023-08-27 at 3.44.08 AM.png

Below, Table 4 when trying to get unique values. The record below has the two Table 3 records above linked

Screen Shot 2023-08-27 at 3.43.52 AM.png