Help

Re: Multiple Records with Page designer block?

1300 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dustyn_Gobler
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is it possible to display data from multiple records on a single page in this block?

27 Replies 27
Dave_Zdon

To print a list of records in the Page block you need two tables. Call them the Parent table and the Child table. One Parent record links to many Child records. (Or all child records!) The page block is set to show records from the Parent table. Drag the linked field (it shows what records in the Child table are linked to this Parent record.) into the page space and a table of linked records will appear. You can then select what Child table fields appear in the page table. You can also rearrange their order of appearance (using the drag texture on each field listed on the left.) In the Child table you can filter and sort, then save that as a view. I add a “Print” Check Box field in the Child table so I can also uncheck a record I don’t want to print but is impossible to separate out of the filtered mix. The “Print” checkbox is one of the filtered fields. Save as many filtered views as you need to for different reports. Divisions, dates, names, etc.
Agree that the Page block needs lots of work. I grew up on Filemaker and their layout tools for printing are light years ahead of Airtable. Too many work-arounds in Airtable to be elegant. The FM feature I miss the most is the ability for cells and rows of records to remove unused space when printing. Oh well, no free lunch.

That’s the fix, thank you!

I am also interested in this because I need to do two things:

a) Print a Total Amount of all transactions in the header
b) Print the least of all the transactions

The solution offered solves problem B but not problem A

Erik_Johnson1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to do something similar only I’m trying to print on Avery envelope labels and want to show records on each label box. I can put an image in to get the layout proper but it still doesn’t help me with the current configuration.

Ben_Mastwyk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Are there any other Airtable extensions that allow custom formatting of elements from a list of records?

This is the solution, thanks!

I managed to make this (sort of) work using your instructions, and a custom size that's just 40 pixels high, so it creates one long row. Thanks!

Your option is much better than the "record size vs page size" manipulation that others have suggested. Less work and you can have a header as well.

I'll explain it a bit more:

1. Make a new table

2. Set the 2nd column to "link to another record"

3. Add all your records from the other table into one record in this table and have it lookup all the fields you need.

4. Go to page designer and insert the primary field of that record, choose between table, list and inline (choose table).

5. Stretch the page designer field as much as needed to display all the records of your original table, then add all the lookup fields and stretch widthwise to accommodate.

6. All done. You're an Airtable Wiz!