cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ilias_T
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

With the new "Home Screen" I can't:

1. Sort workspaces using drag and drop or bases even alphabetically. 
  2. Move multiple bases to another workspace
  3. Make it show permanently only the bases and not the interfaces

That's not very user friendly because:

1. I have a priority in workspaces (which can't be solved with star spaces)
  2. I had 12 bases that I moved to a new workspace, specially created and I have to move them one by one !!!!!! And if that's not a nightmare in addition every time I moved one base then the starting page moved to the new workspace. So I had to go back to the old to move the next one. Tragedy 
  3. Interfaces to me are secondary just to show to others the results of the work. I work only in bases and every time I have to filter out the interfaces. 

Do I miss something here or is it just poor design ?

6 Replies 6
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It’s very poor design. It’s yet another example of Airtable employees not using or understanding their own product. And yet another example of the constant revolving door at Airtable. They claim to be gathering feedback on the home screen at the 2 links below, but as a top Airtable consultant for nearly 6 years now, I have never personally seen them implement any customer feedback into their product.

https://airtable.com/shrYr6jCrWBVrmYtT

https://community.airtable.com/t5/announcements/improvements-to-the-new-home-screen/ba-p/147426

Hi Scott,

I agree. They still (after all these years) haven't fix the comma instead of dot as decimal mark for us non US users. 

I've send feedback for that problem too. I don't expect anything. 

Truth is I'm looking for alternatives. I might even return (after 10 years) to FileMaker Pro. 

coooo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Where can we find Airtable employees? They should respond.

The only thing you can do is send feedback

Jason_Hill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What I find myself doing is using the Favorites option. I mark all the bases I use daily as "favorited," and then I can drag and drop the order once there. It took me a while to adjust since I no longer see the hundreds of bases I was used to. When I need to find something, the search has become my tool. Since Google Docs relies on its search tool heavily as well, it's simply something I need to adopt more regularly. I adopted the new screen months ago in beta, so over time, I now rely on it.

I gave N.H.S. some time. The design is awful. I use at least 10 bases every day in different plans (free and pro). Some bases are shared and I have to work with others. It's impossible to work with this. I returned to the old one.