cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vishaal_Reddy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey all!

I am new and just playing around with Airtable. So far it’s been really great and simple! However, when I try to link tables, I’m not sure where I’m going wrong but they data is not linking to the correct item and instead I am getting extra columns and it’s getting slightly confusing. The concept isn’t difficult so what am I missing haha!

I know there are a few other questions about this but if someone wouldn’t mind looking at my base, that’d be cool! I am just trying to figure out where I’m going wrong. I’d love to use Airtable but want to make sure the learning curve isn’t too steep. Thanks!

Link here:

1 Reply 1
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Vishaal_Reddy

I think that you should think about what fields you want in the first table, this should be your main table.

Then think about what field you want to link from your main table to the second table.

Once you have that setup, then you can create records from the main table and link the field/record to the second table.

Keep in mind that you are linking records not tables, even though you may have more then one table. Also, you just need to link a record/field to the second table, since Airtable will automatically link it back to the main table. If you are adding a new table, there are instructions in the link below to help you.

If this helped, can you check “Solution” at the end of the last post.

Thank you.

Here is a link that might help:

Mary Kay