Help

Re: Non-technical HR question.....What should my title be?

746 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dustin_Good
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Not sure these types of posts are cool here, I initially asked this same question over in Reddit but didn’t get much help, so I’ll try to keep this as brief as possible.

Anyways, I started at a company in March assuming it would just be a part-time role as one of their drivers, however I used my Airtable skills to build a really basic driver app (AT + Softr) which helped me land a unnamed and unstructured promotion. All that was proposed was moving to the new marketing department and helping to establish structure. I now spend most of my time rebuilding internal workflows with Airtable while also creating a company knowledge base (in Coda).

Recently I was asked to come up with a name for my title, but I’m kind of stumped. I don’t have a formal education beyond an Associates and I don’t have any professional credentials (eg. project manager, engineer, etc).

Are there any titles you’ve come across that help clarify / showcase the value we bring with tools like AT and others. Any help / advice is appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Congratulations on your promotion! Sounds like a fun job.

For this type of position, your education level or professional credentials don’t matter. Practically everyone in this type of position is self-taught anyway. There are no degrees or certifications for managing Airtable.

Depending on your company culture, you can come up with any title that you like.

• Airtable Operations Manager
  • Airtable Genius
  • Operations Engineer
  • Lord of the Airtable Realm
  • IT Associate

Lol, I just saw @kuovonne’s answer in the middle of drinking a milkshake and almost dropped it all over myself while trying to contain my laughter.

Airtable-specific jobs are unique and rare in the job market.
That’s in contrast to platforms such as Salesforce, which have in-demand jobs in areas such as developers, admins, etc.

If I had to come up with a job title, I would just straight up go for:

• Airtable Architect
  • Airtable Solutions Engineer, and
  • Airtable Operations Manager (I like this one from @kuovonne).

You have a unique opportunity to carve out a role, title, and career path for yourself.
Gotta secure that dope title while you can!

Much like @Ben.Young, this gave me a proper late day chuckle. Thanks for that Kuovonne. I can’t wait to pitch these to the higher ups.

Systems Administrator

Phil1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Congratulations! I suppose system’s admin or operator is the best