1731 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob_Blightman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have 2 tables - Families and Individuals, and I want to create a one to many relationship between these.
So I’ve marked fields in the 2 tables as linked.
I then want to create a webform so that external users can create records which give details of both the family and individuals within the family. But when I share this form, and the user clicks on the + for individuals, it shows all the individuals in all the other families. I don’t want any individuals to show. I want the external user to be able to add multiple records in the individuals sub form.
Can this be done? Have I structured the relationship as many to many when it should be one to many? How do I define it as one to many?

11 Replies 11
Bob_Blightman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

kuovonne - appreciate your help
What I’m trying to do is create an online form, and when a record is generated in my table (input_table), I then want an automation to generate 1 record in my family table and potentially many linked records in my children table. I need these records to be linked, so I was thinking that I’d use the RECORD_ID() value of the record created in the input_table, and use this value as the Primary ID of the record created in my family table, and also in the linked record field in the all the records created in the children table. You’ve kindly told me that the record ID is available in future steps of the automation - how do I access this - will I need to write a script (which I haven’t done before)? Or is there a better way of doing this?
Thanks
Bob

Bob_Blightman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

kuovonne - I think I see it. When I tell it how to set a field value when I create a record, one of the options is to use the “Airtable Record ID” - that should work?
Thanks
Bob