1111 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cameron_Poter
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I’m having trouble using Page Designer. I’m currently pulling from a linked field to create a table with all the relevant items for an invoice. If you look in the attachment, you’ll see that the “Total Due From Client” is all on one line and separated by a comma. I’d love for $900 to sit above $150, on two separate rows, without any comma. Is there a way to design that in Page Designer?

I’ve been banging my head against this issue for several hours and I can’t seem to find an answer. Thanks so much for all your help and consideration.

CamScreen Shot 2021-01-30 at 5.57.12 PM

10 Replies 10

Welcome to the community, @Cameron_Poter!

Click on the linked record field. Then, in the left margin of Page Designer, switch to “Table” instead of “Inline”.

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice! It’s actually already set to Table, not Inline. I’m having trouble with the cells within the table. Is there any way to divide a cell into multiple rows or stack the entries? Thanks!!

Are those lookup fields? The ones that have the commas in them? Lookup fields will always display with commas. (Same thing with rollup fields that result in an array.)

Instead of using lookup fields:

To stack the fields from your linked table, click on your linked record field, and then in the left margin, choose “Table”, and then beneath that, choose “Add columns”.

Thank you again, Scott. Your directions are actually what I’ve been doing. Unfortunately, the columns of my table are based on Lookup Fields, so they’re always imported into the linked table with commas. Is there a way to gather information from another table without using a Lookup field? Or, is there code I can use to parse out data from Lookup fields into rows without commas? Again, I really appreciate your advice and guidance!

Yes, I just told you what to do above.

Try using using a rollup field instead of a lookup field. You can join the items with new line characters instead of commas. The values will not end up in different rows of the table, but they will be stacked vertically.

ARRAYJOIN(values, "\n")

Nice reminder on ARRAYJOIN! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: Although it seems like he’s not seeing the “Add Column” button on the left, which will give him different rows of his related table’s data.

@ScottWorld I think he is already using a table to show the columns of data. I think he wants to display data that is two tables away, and thus in a lookup/rollup in the linked table.

Ahhhh, that would make sense. Thanks!

You both are absolutely amazing. IT WORKED!!!