cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OskarL
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello AirTable Community,

I am trying to export multiple AirTable records in one PDF. Concrete case is a list of samples that have several values, I want to create a pdf that will be handed to the lab for testing containing a list of multiple selected records in a nice format, not just a CSV. 
Are there any tools or extension for that? I couldn't find anything so far. 

If this is not possible in AirTable, does anyone know a work around? For example exporting a view as CSV and then automatically converting the CSV to the PDF format, maybe in Google Workspace? Or through the interface?

Thank you very much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As you mentioned, you will need to turn to an external document creation app if you would like to automatically create PDF files with Airtable.

Here are some options:

1. One of the most popular PDF creation tools for Airtable is DocuMint. This can be automated natively or by using Make’s DocuMint automations.

2. Another popular tool is Docs Automator, which integrates with Google Docs.

3. However, you can choose ANY document creation app that you would like, and automate the PDF creation process by using Make. You can use good old fashioned Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or even newer apps like Formstack Documents or PDF Monkey.

Make supports over 1,600 apps natively, and it also supports all other apps that have a REST API with its HTTP module

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As you mentioned, you will need to turn to an external document creation app if you would like to automatically create PDF files with Airtable.

Here are some options:

1. One of the most popular PDF creation tools for Airtable is DocuMint. This can be automated natively or by using Make’s DocuMint automations.

2. Another popular tool is Docs Automator, which integrates with Google Docs.

3. However, you can choose ANY document creation app that you would like, and automate the PDF creation process by using Make. You can use good old fashioned Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or even newer apps like Formstack Documents or PDF Monkey.

Make supports over 1,600 apps natively, and it also supports all other apps that have a REST API with its HTTP module

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Thank you Scott, Make in combination with Documint and Airtable works great!

Sergio
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi!

You can also try the Plumsail Documents extension for Airtable.

You can find how to set it up in the product documentation

They also have an excellent article on their blog How to create PDF file from multiple Airtable records with image attachments that easily help you understand the principle of populating multiple records with attachments (pictures) into one document.

You can register on their website and get a free trial for 30 days to test it.

I see that the problem has been solved, but you might want to try something new or the post will be useful for new users.