Help

Re: Possible to create form field with no input?

741 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ann_Zweig
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m wondering if it’s possible to create a field in a form that is “information only”. That is, it does not have a place for the user to reply or take action?

e.g. I have created a registration form and I want to give some extra information about my event. But I do not need the user to choose an answer or give any input. I guess I am asking if there is something like a “null” field type.

4 Replies 4
Klaus_Becker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

why not create a single selection field with a simple yes/no?

examples: would you go to this event? (yes/no)

you could also use a mock field, prefilled or non obligatory:

which way goes you? (horde/alliance)

what’s your fav team? (instinct/valor/mystic/poke-what?)

and also set an optional email field, so you can use rollup and set a mailing list later.

Melinda_Hurt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have searched endlessly for this.
This is by far the biggest downfall of this program.
And no, I don’t want to create an obligitory yes/no question and clutter up my customer form.
I need a null space to describe a “set” of questions (like a section header with information), without being a question itself.

Tyler_Kurlas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

at the top of the form you can add a description, in each field you can add help text, and for single-line text records you can set a default value. if it can’t go at the top, maybe just have an optional comments box.

melinda, just saw I was responding to OP… why doesn’t the top description area work for you?

Our form supports section headers. It’s an advanced form built specifically for Airtable.