4189 14
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_Forbes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there anyway to change the “row Height” of the primary row? I have a sheet with a bunch of check boxes, but the rows are very wide due to the names (that can no be helped) It makes the checkbox feature seem pretty useless. Anyone know how to change that or be able to “:wrap text” in the primary row?

14 Replies 14

If you’re speaking of the header, sadly, there is no way to expand it. :sleepy:

Thank you. This has to be the dumbest part of Airtable IMHO. I have a header that is 24 characters for a simple checkbox. sad.

XtremeMaC
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Not sure why this topic isn’t getting the attention it needs.
Once your table has multiple fields, you try to cram widths, especially when content under it lets say is “Yes/No” single select, but your header is longer (even with description).
This, and being able to wrap it… They’re like the 1st thing people do on Excel to cram data…
Putting link to Wrap topic: Create 2 line colmn header (title(

Rest of the rows are adjustable to a degree. Would love to see the adjustable Header row as well.

Please make this happen.
Thanks!

Chris_Thompson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

hello just want to bump this request – would be really great to be able to expand the height of the header row. I’m constantly doing battle with my field names to deal with a readability problem that would be instantly solved if I could just make the header row multiple lines

I love airtable, thank you for this awesome tool

Tomasz_Rubaj
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes please , just want to bump this request – would be really great to be able to expand the height of the header row.

Please contact support@airtable.com to request this. Dozens of my clients want this & need this too, but Airtable very very very rarely (if ever) listens to user feedback. The only hope of getting this changed is for all of us to speak up. They need to hear from ALL of us. Email them.

Agreed, this would be a great feature. I am new to these boards, but trying to find answers to specific questions I would also agree that it appears Airtable never reads these boards, and certainly never actions anything.

Yes, I really would like to be able to do this. My text is too long to see.

Paulina_Migalsk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bumping this request! This would make me love airtable again.

GREGORY_BERNARD
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bump. In excel you can not only wrap the top row, but you can rotate the text. I would be happy with just wrapping the top row.

radcaneron

Whoops accidentally deleted my post here when I went to update my comment to "just googled this again only to find I was the last one to comment on it." woof

refmed
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bumping this thread!  We have some very long titles for columns with contents that are only 2-4 digits wide.  Wrapping would be a huge help.

I have the same case. It is very anoying because it makes my base look messy. 

lfortes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same case, bumping this!