993 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Harrison
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am new to airtable and trying to determine if this is the proper tool to create a product configurator for our website. I was wondering if anyone has created a product configurator before with airtable and can recommend a starting point or share a template they may have? We are not going to include prices which should make this easier. I am just trying to get an understanding of where to start.

Our product is electric heaters so we would select a type (air heater) then Volts, watts, termination, fittings etc. After they select all the options we would want a quote created and sent to us in order to view it and quote them a price.

Any help or pointing in the correct direction would be much appreciated!

4 Replies 4

You could have a “configuration” table with a form where people pick their configuration and also enter contact info. When a new form is submitted, you look at the configuration selected to determine the price, and then email the result.

That sounds like exactly what we would want to do. Do you happen to know of any templates that might be somewhat similar to this? Just trying to get a base of where to begin.

Create a new table with the fiels that you indicated:

• air heater type
  • volts
  • watts
  • termination
  • fittings

Your {air heater type} will probably be a linked record field
You {fittings} field will probably be a single select or a linked record field.
{Volts} and {watts} are also probably single select fields.

Then create a new form view.

Play around in Airtable and you will discover your way. It’s fun!

Matt_Harrison
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you for the information. Thats a good start. I will give it a try.