1013 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_McClennen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d like to use Airtable for project management. External stakeholders often ask for a Calendar View to see planned work. We do not work on Saturdays or Sundays, so I make sure weekend dates are registered as “Holidays” in the Gantt Chart settings.

My problem: Is there any way to automatically prevent tasks from appearing to occur over weekends in Calendar View? I send out calendars and people automatically assume I am expecting them to work over weekends.

What It Looks Like Now…
Example Calendar View

What I WANT IT To Look Like…
Preferred Calendar View

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @Scott_McClennen!

It doesn’t actually solve your problem, but if you click on those little tiny arrows next to the weekend names, the weekends will get extremely small.

Thanks for the tip @ScottWorld!

Would you (or anyone) know if there’s ANY project management software that solves the problem I described above?

Hi @Scott_McClennen, heh when I had this problem I ended up throwing some code together that would split my tasks out into weekday only so that the calendar wasn’t disrupted

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 3.01.34 PM

And so I have a Tasks table and a Calendar table, and clicking the button will create the appropriate records in the Calendar table

Here’s a gif of it working:
Tasks only on weekdays

It might be pretty overengineered for your use case though, and I can’t guarantee it works perfectly as I just threw it together for myself. I’ve got no complaints though!

Lemme know if you’d like the code and I’ll send it over

Hey @Adam_TheTimeSavingCo - I’d love to give this a test!!

Possible to share the code & any table setup instructions required?

Yeap sure! Lemme DM you