Help

Pull all email addresses based on a company name into one field?

999 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_Baker
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey,

New to Airtable here and can’t tell if I’m going crazy or I’m missing a trick. Hopefully the later!

I have a USERS table that captures NAME, COMPANY, EMAIL ADDRESS ETC when a user signs up. I have a Clients Table that holds further client info e.g. COMPANY NAME (Link to users table), USERS etc.

The problem I am facing is that I am trying to pull all email addresses of users associated with a COMPANY name, into a USERS field in the CLIENTS table.

Hope that makes sense, and any help is massively appreciated!

5 Replies 5
Oliver_Baker

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 17.19.34
Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 17.19.51

See in the Clients Table where user1 and user 3 are in separate cells, but are part of the same company? I am looking to get both of those in the same cell.
Hope these screenshots make it clearer.

Hi Oliver, I think you’d need to have a third table called Company which would be linked to the Users table, and its values would be the values currently in the Company field in the Users table

In the new Company table, you’d end up with a field that would show all the emails associated with a single company, and you could then use lookup fields to pull it over into your Clients table, does that make sense?

This would 100% work for me. Could you advise what that would look like?
I just had a quick go and created the COMPANIES table, a field linked to USERS, looking at solely at the company field. I then have a LOOKUP field in the COMPANIES table looking at email address but it only appears to pull one through currently.
I guess I’m just missing the way to show multiple email addreses (users)

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 11.48.02

Hm, in your Users table, change Company field into a “Link to another record” field and select that new Companies table you created, that should do what you’re looking for I think

That worked an absolute treat, thanks man!