Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Holt
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey there -

TL;DR
What’s the best way to pull an attachment from a separate table into a row based on two separate field criteria?

I have a base setup that helps me manage consigned inventory we place in our customer’s warehouses. Each row contains the open sales order number, consigned item, and the status. When the customer updates the status, it notifies us to bill the unit out and replace the unit.

I want to pull an attachment into the the row based on the {Customer Name} & {Item Type} that I can then send via an automation when the status is updated. What’s the best way to go about that? Lookup fields only lookup based on one field and this is determined off of {Customer Name}, then {Item Type}.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hey Alex, so we’re talking about an attachment like a PDF or something?

Sorry about this, I don’t fully understand what we’re trying to do here. Do you think you could provide screenshots an perhaps a scenario of exactly what you would want to happen?

Once I know more I could try to see if I can help

Yeah sorry I don’t think I’m doing a great job of explaining. Below is a screenshot of some of the main columns in my table.

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 11.37.02 PM

What I’m trying to figure out is how do I get a specific attachment added to the packing slip column based on the inputs in customer and unit type.

For example, row 2 with John Padilla → URG240 will pull a different attachment than Row 3 with John Padilla → URG250.

Ultimately, I want the corresponding attachment to be emailed via an automation to a specified inbox when the sales order status updates from “Arrived” to “Used”, which will kick-off some downstream workflows.