cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wyeth_Coulter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I am currently working on a project to summarize data across multiple bases. I have set up share links so that in this single base I have a share table from each of my other bases. Each of these tables is laid out the same way
[Name] [Amount] [Date Purchased] [Store Purchased]

I want to combine these records from these multiple tables into one big table e.g
If table 1 looks like:
Aaron, 10, 10/11, New York
Abby, 34, 10/12, New York
And table 2 looks like:
Aaron, 21, 10/30, Los Angeles
Anna, 34, 10/31, Los Angeles

Then my final table would look like
Aaron, 10, 10/11, New York
Abby, 34, 10/12, New York
Aaron, 21, 10/30, Los Angeles
Anna, 34, 10/31, Los Angeles

Is this possible? I am hoping to have these bases to be separate and then converge instead of having all purchases on one table and then separating them into new bases.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
Eric_Goldman1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey @Wyeth_Coulter,

Welcome to the Airtable community :wave:

You are trying to combine several tables that are each structured the same way into one big table.

Unfortunately, you can’t do this in Airtable easily.

You could export each table as a CSV and combine them in another application like Google Sheets or Excel.

Or, if you know SQL - this is very easy to do as a UNION with our product - Sync Inc.

You can try Sync Inc out completely for free → syncinc.so

Here is a quick blog post that also explains how to do the UNION with some sample code.

If you need any support, feel free to shoot me a message. I am around and happy to help more.

Megan_Sellheim
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Wyeth_Coulter, I am trying to do this exact same thing - what did you end up doing? I wrote an automation so that each new row that syncs from the separate base to the tab in the “master” base will copy over into a new tab. In other words, an automation per synced tab to copy the row over into a master tab. This isn’t very sustainable… so am looking for a solution like you.

Wyeth_Coulter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Megan_Sellheim, sadly I was not able to achieve what I wanted to do. Just ended up creating a base with all the information and then making different views

‘’@megan_sellheim
Found it!

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you for sharing this!