cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vinicius_Foscac
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Well, I’m new to Airtable and have been stuck in this dillema:

I created a table called Recipes (where I log ingredients and other info), and another one called Ingredients (Where I keep average prices, and quantity on stock), so I can keep up with my groceries.
I want to calculate how much will I spend for each recipe, so I can calculate the average dish price.
Is there a way that I can put a value for each ingredient in the recipe (like, 1kg of meat, and 0,3kg of onions ), so I keep my inventory updated?

Below it’s some screenshots of what I’ve got so far…

Thx!

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 19.48.42.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-12 at 19.49.11.png

7 Replies 7

To log the quantity of ingredients, you’ll need to make a separate table for recipe line items. Here’s a tutorial on implementing line items (which also contains an explanation of why you need to ... The example in that tutorial is related to the product catalog example, but I’ve also built a sample recipe base myself which uses the same concepts:

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 2.13.08 PM.png
Ingredients table, with cost per cooking unit.

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 2.14.55 PM.png
Line items table, which is basically ingredient x quantity per each record

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 2.16.15 PM.png
Recipes table, which uses a rollup field to sum up the total cost of all the line items.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Thank You Kat! That’s exactly what I was looking for!

Hi Kat, any chance you’d be willing to share that doc as a template?

Tom_Tiernan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a template for recipes/ cookbooks?

I’d really appreciate not having to invent one as this is not my strength.

Thanks!

Marla_McGee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is great thank you for sharing. I have a question, in the cooking unit cost field how is this being calculated?

Hi @Tom_Tiernan were you able to find the recipe/cookbook template and willing to share?

heman