734 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorraine_Boone
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Instead of a dropdown menu for my Views, I have a list that shows-up and stays open on the left side of my spreadsheet until I get fed up and I click on the column to close it.
Is there a way to put it back as a dropdown arrow like it was before?

I don’t even know how I got it to change in the first place. All my other colleagues have an arrow and I
have a box that says Views

7 Replies 7

This is a new feature that some users are seeing at the moment. There are mixed feelings about it. Personally, I think it’s a really bad design decision. Please add your comments to this thread, which the Airtable Support team is monitoring:

DrFancyClancy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same concern. In most of my bases, I don’t change views very often so there’s no benefit in having a sidebar take up screen real estate. I love the look of the sidebar — I just don’t want it on by default.

At the very least, I would like it to remember my preference and not show the list the next time I open a base if I’ve already hidden it. It’s easy enough to hide the sidebar but doing it every single time is frustrating.

Same here. That feature might be useful for users that rely heavily on view, but in my use case it’s just annoying. Please revert back, or let the option to have it hidden

Lorraine_Boone
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I guess it will take some getting use to. I agree that we should be able to add or remove this as a setting instead of just being there by default. That way people who find it useful could keep it and the one’s who don’t need it could revert back to the way it was before.

Thank you all for shedding some light on this.

Evie_Anderson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If you could choose to have it always there, instead of it being the default, that would be great.

Lauren_Cadell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is super obnoxious for me and also my tech challenged teammate. It’s like she doesn’t understand that it needs to be closed. It just sits there during our screen share pretending it’s a real Kanban column.

Oops, my link above was wrong… I just fixed it. The Airtable Support team might be monitoring the thread which is located here:

Also, be sure to email support@airtable.com. I totally agree with you that this was a terrible design decision. Even if they kept it closed by default, it still shifts over the entire screen every time it opens.