Help

"You are not permitted to perform this operation because the field or table has been configured to limit who can perform this operation"

5462 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tech_Team
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We’re using Integromat to insert rows into Airtable, and have suddenly started getting this error message as a response from Airtable without any changes on our side. “You are not permitted to perform this operation because the field or table has been configured to limit who can perform this operation”. It literally started happening half way through a scenario, so the first X rows were inserted fine, and then the rest came back with this error. There are no field specific permissions - everything is set to ‘Editors and up’. Can anyone help? Thanks

6 Replies 6

Hello and welcome to the Community @Tech_Team!

May I ask how many records(rows) you were attempting to insert into Airtable? It sounds like you may have hit the record limit for that base within your workspace. If that is the case—you may want to try to clear out unnecessary records in your base, or create a separate base to “archive” older records.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

Tech_Team
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Rose - you’re right in that we had previously hit the record limit, but we cleared this out/resolved that issue some days ago, and yet we’re still receiving this message. Thanks.

We’ve run into the same issue on a paid base that is nowhere near the limit. We are running an Integromat scenario that logs time entries from another app.

It looks like someone else ran into this issue with Zapier and it went unresolved.

Hello @Tech_Team and @Stackrie,

If you’ve already taken steps to reduce usage in your base then I recommend reaching out to Airtable support directly. They should be able to help figure out what the problem is and assist you directly.

Cameron_Kaiser
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is probably happening because you’re trying to link to records that don’t exist in a synced base. You cannot create records in a synced base from another base, so inputting “Item 7” into a linked field when only Items 1-5 exist in the synced base will thwart your automation and trigger the permissions error. Possible solutions are moving the synced base environment into another table of your main base, which will allow your automations to create the records when they don’t exist, or you can work out the logic so that you do not link a record unless you are certain it exists in the synced base.

My fields 1 to 5 are synced but I want to update field 7 and then I am getting error.

I am able to update it using airtable.py package though