cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aimeric_BEZARD
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
I’m managing tasks that must be done for example each first monday on each month.
actually we are creating the task manually.
Is there a solution to be able to create a new task on the next first monday of the next month when the previous one on marked as “done” ?
Monday is only for example it can bee the last thurstay of the month too.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi @Aimeric_BEZARD
To create the new task(record) when another task(record) is marked compete can be done with Automations

Trigger: When record matches condition, status is done
Action: Create a record

Prior to this you will need to set up a formula to provide you the due date. How will you establish when the item is due? If it was assigned on a monday is it due on the next first monday? Are items due a set number of days from assignment?

Theoretically it is possible to calculate the first Monday of the next month or the last Thursday of the next month. However, this would be a very complex formula.

If you know that your current due date is the first Monday of the month, then the first Monday of the next month would be either 4 or 5 weeks later.

IF(
    (
        MONTH({Due Date}) 
        =
        MONTH(
            DATEADD({Due Date}, 4, "weeks")
        )
    ) ,
    DATEADD({Due Date}, 5, "weeks"),
)

The logic for the last Thursday of the month is a bit tricker.

IF(
    (
        MONTH({Due Date})  + 1
        =
        MONTH(
            DATEADD({Due Date}, 5, "weeks")
        )
    ) ,
    DATEADD({Due Date}, 5, "weeks"),
)

Getting the 2nd or 3rd week of the month would be really tricky.

Unless you are very sure that you only need to calculate these very specific use cases (and if I interpreted your use cases correctly), I caution against trying to automate this. It is very easy for these types of things to get messed up. It is relatively quick to pre-create the 12 records needed for an entire year, and you can be sure that the dates are correct when you manually enter them.

@Vivid-Squid the items are due on the same day they are fixed example : maintenance every first monday of the month for 4 hours.

@kuovonne Thank you for the info I’ll try it