2663 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

We currently publish an Airtable calendar of training events on a company intranet page. We use the Zoom event registration feature and I have a button on each event that takes the users to the Zoom registration form. But I'd like to find a way to track these event registrations in Airtable rather than in Zoom, so we can utilize automations, etc. Is there some way that I could build a button that so that when a user selects an event on the calendar and clicks "Register", they would go to an Airtable form which would automatically associate that registration with the selected event? I don't want them to have to pick the event from a list within the form (for a few reasons). I just want them to fill in their name and contact info and answer a couple of questions. 

Thanks for the help!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ah I see, here's a base I've set up as an example

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 1.00.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 1.00.48 PM.png

The "Open URL" button opens this link: `https://airtable.com/shrk2pWkcmwAgd1Xe?prefill_Events=recUix0WQPpes9eNA`

And that link is created by the following formula:

"https://airtable.com/shrk2pWkcmwAgd1Xe" & "?prefill_Events=" & RECORD_ID()

===

re: the Zoom event registration stuff
Ahh got it, so it's a link to Zoom that allows people to register for the event there.  I thought there was a way to schedule stuff with Zoom via Airtable or something heh

See Solution in Thread

Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Ok, in my research I stumbled across @kuovonne 's Prefilled Forms app, which generated exactly the formula I needed, and even let me hide the field! I posted this formula into the URL button's formula field, and it worked perfectly! 

Now I'm trying to set up an automation that will email the registrants a confirmation with a link to save the event to their Outlook calendar (via ics file download), so if anyone has any suggestions on that, I'd be most grateful! You guys are the best, and it's just incredible what we can create in this platform!

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

You can create a prefilled form URL that will associate the registration with the selected event, allowing your users to just fill in their name and contact info and answer a couple of questions.  This is a Calendar view that you're sharing right?  And so you could create a button field with a formula to help you dynamically generate said prefilled form URL per record, and clicking that button would open the prefilled form

If you could share some screenshots of your base set up I'd be happy to take a look at this for you, and here's a link to the documentation if you'd like to handle it yourself

You can prefill a linked field and hide said field as well, which would prevent your users from picking it themselves.  Note that anyone with the URL can modify the URL and unhide the field, giving them access to the names of the records in the linked field.  To get around this, you could prefill a text field and use an automation to use that text to link the fields instead.

--

I'm actually super curious about this Zoom event registration feature!  Any chance you could tell me more about it or link me to somewhere I can read about it?  I tried googling for it to no avail, thank you in advance!

Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

So, I knew that you could prefill linked data entries on a form, but I haven't seen any instructions for doing so dynamically in the way that I'm looking for - so that it would be automatically associated with the selected record, and I have no clue how to build that into a button. I'm guessing you'll need more than this, but here are some screenshots from my first attempts:

Calendar:

Snag_497dcadf.png

Form:

Snag_497f2790.png

**Were you looking to learn more about how to set up event registration within Zoom or something else?

Ah I see, here's a base I've set up as an example

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 1.00.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 1.00.48 PM.png

The "Open URL" button opens this link: `https://airtable.com/shrk2pWkcmwAgd1Xe?prefill_Events=recUix0WQPpes9eNA`

And that link is created by the following formula:

"https://airtable.com/shrk2pWkcmwAgd1Xe" & "?prefill_Events=" & RECORD_ID()

===

re: the Zoom event registration stuff
Ahh got it, so it's a link to Zoom that allows people to register for the event there.  I thought there was a way to schedule stuff with Zoom via Airtable or something heh

Thanks so much Adam! This is exactly what I was hoping to do! One small detail left to figure out. I want to hide the Event field on the form, so they can't accidentally delete or change it. I tried building that into the button's URL formula as seen below, but it's not working yet. I'm sure it's a syntax error of some kind. Can you help me get it right? 

Joel_Andrews1_0-1681219461540.png

Thank you!

Joel

Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Ok, in my research I stumbled across @kuovonne 's Prefilled Forms app, which generated exactly the formula I needed, and even let me hide the field! I posted this formula into the URL button's formula field, and it worked perfectly! 

Now I'm trying to set up an automation that will email the registrants a confirmation with a link to save the event to their Outlook calendar (via ics file download), so if anyone has any suggestions on that, I'd be most grateful! You guys are the best, and it's just incredible what we can create in this platform!