Help

Re: Removing the preview of a linked Airtable form on a Facebook post?

910 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_R
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

Currently when I post an Airtable Form link on Facebook, the default Airtable thumbnail appears, and well as the generic blurb about AirTable. See screenshot:

33%20pm

Is there a way to replace this Airtable image and blurb whilst keeping the link, or at least customising it?

6 Replies 6
Pamela_Giles
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I don’t know that you can replace the image, but you can certainly remove the preview image when posting a link on Facebook and just have the link. I usually do that and then post my own image as an image.

Maya_Hughes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was just coming to the community to ask this question. We are moving everything we can over to Airtable. It would be nice to have the form preview as it does for Google Forms. Is there a way to ask for this to be considered for next upgrade cycle?

Shannon_Morales
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has this been solved yet? I am trying to share the form link but Airtable image keeps displaying. Not exactly what I want people to see while I’m collecting data.

Welcome to the community, @Shannon_Morales! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: As @Pamela_Giles commented above, the image can be removed. It’s slightly camouflaged in the screenshot above (it’s a lot more clear now), but there’s an X you can click on to remove the image and still share the link.

Thanks Justin. I was wondering if the display image can be customized though?

Unfortunately there’s no option to customize the image. I believe that the image is pulled automatically from metadata on the target webpage. I just ran a quick test, and that metadata isn’t overridden if you have a banner or logo on the form, so the only way it’s going to change is if Airtable provides an option in the form design for a custom embed cover image (for lack of a better term).