1558 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan_Ternier
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to find an easy way for other teams (non-technical) to work with Many-to-many relationships with AirTable.

A simple example would be:

Authors, Recipes, Ingredients

A recipe could have multiple authors and multiple ingredients
An Ingredient can be used in multiple recipes
An author could have authorized multiple recipes

I want to create a way (a form would be nice) where a user could insert the necessary that would populate various tables. Some of the data entry fields might have auto-complete on them if they’re looking up an ID field.

If I wanted to enter in a recipe when looking up an author I’d like to see a list of what Authors are there, or create a new one. If I’m entering in ingredients I’d like to have a lookup as well because I won’t want to have mistakes in the ingredients table. (I don’t want to see Apple, apple, aple, appple, etc.)

How could I go about doing this?

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @Ryan_Ternier !

This is Airtable’s article on many-to-many relationships — hopefully this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to the Airtable community!

This is a lofty goal given the number of many-to-many relationships that you want.

You cannot do this with native Airtable forms.

You might be able to build something with an Airtable interface, but you would need workarounds for adding new records.

If you are technical yourself and have budget, On2Air Amplify and UI Bakery are good candidate for this.