918 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harry_McDonald
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey guys - we upload attachments that may have a 1000 or so pages and we often need to do a simple CMD F to search for key words within the attachment.

It seems you can only do this one page at a time, is there a way to solve this?

7 Replies 7

Hi @Harry_McDonald,

depending on your plan and the user experience you want to have in search there are the 2 following solutions for searching in Airtable records:
Search App

Find/Search Function

Does it work for you?

Thanks
Dimitris Goudis

Harry_McDonald
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Dimitris, appreciate this.

I realised that you can change the way the documents present - rather than independent pages they can change to a scroll method and this allows us to search keywords.

Are you trying to search across multiple attachments or are you trying to search within a single attachment when the attachment is open in its preview window?

If you are trying to search across multiple attachments, I do not believe that it is possible without a third party tool.

This tool from MiniExtensions will let you search across multiple PDF attachments (but only because it extracts the text from your PDF files and puts that text into text fields for you):

There are many other tools on the market that also extract text from PDF files, but the one above is probably the easiest & quickest to use.

Great suggestion. However, long text fields can store a maximum of 100K characters, per this support page. A pdf document of 1000 pages may well have more text than a long text field can contain.

Ooooh, nice catch, @kuovonne! :slightly_smiling_face: :raised_hands:

Harry_McDonald
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey all, thanks for the replies and support.

It is within a single attachment that may have 1000 pages - I found that loading attachment as a scroll opposed to the independent page view meant that I was able to CMD-F and search for the key words.

Problem solved!