Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelenG
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there

I have two tables I want to link.

One is a table of organisations and the other is an excel file of data that belongs to one specific organisation. Both files are uploaded. (Later, there will be other tables to link to other specific organisations).

I can use the + sign to set up a new field in the organisation table. I then select Link to a new record.

This is supposed to bring me up the option to select which file I want to link to,.  But every time it brings me up the attached screen shot which doesn't allow me to select an existing file.

I've tried it in firefox, chrome and edge with the same result every time.

Help!! What am I doing wrong?

PS I don't understand how the link is going to go to a specific organisation using this method, but maybe that's the next step I can't get to.

Helen Gardner

helen@thegardners.com.au

1 Reply 1

From your screenshot it appears you only have one table in your base.  I think what you want is to have one table called "Organizations" and another table that contains the Excel data?

To import the Excel data, try clicking "Add or import" and then "Microsoft Excel"

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 3.08.43 PM.png

This should allow you to select your Excel file and once you upload it it'll show up as a new table in your base

You can then create a linked field to the new table and you will be able to select the records from there