2155 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kate_Linkosky
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am looking for a simple formula to compute hours worked. I have “Start Time” and “End Time” and am looking for a formula for “Total Hours Worked”. I tried one of the other formulas that I found on another post and was unable to get it to work with my table. If someone could provide me with a simple formula to add my start time and end time and output a total hours worked I would appreciate it!

15 Replies 15

I’ll update it in a few minutes and let you know

Ok, refresh it and take a look - I updated it to give you the ability to enter a date to override the automatic dating of “Today” if you need to enter times from a different day. Again, you can hide any formula fields you don’t need to see.

Does that work? Anything else you’d need this to do?

Kate_Linkosky

Works perfectly thanks so much!

Hi there, please would you be able to adjust this so that it works for night shifts? so for example, 7pm to 7am is a shift. Or could you please tell me how to do it. Thank you very much.

Nadine_Binias
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Jeremy, this is so helpful. Can you let me know how I format the first columns to have european format of Dates? Thanks, Nadine

Hi @Nadine_Binias

If you are referring to the formula fields, you can use these specifiers with the DATETIME_FORMAT function to get just about any format you could want:

So, for example, you could do:

DATETIME_FORMAT({My Date}, 'YYYY-MM-DD')