2341 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyndon_Penson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Like the calendar view but if you introduce Gantt you could take Smartsheet out of the market :slightly_smiling_face: until then they have an edge over you!!!

As an interim to full Gantt view could you show tasks with a start and end date as a span e.g. multi days rather than start date only?

124 Replies 124
Romain_de_Wolff
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Oh men that’d be amazinh!

Peter_Friis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree - with a Gantt view you basically will no longer need tools like Asana or Wrike. The “timeline” block in its current incarnation is just not sufficient. It’s too limited.

Tiff_S
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Gantt chart view is the Only thing I’m missing in Airtable to make it an all-in-one solution. I’m in construction and need to see the Critical Path for my projects… would really love not to have to use another product in order to achieve this. Thank you!!!

Robby_Bearman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Isn’t Timeline block pretty much a gantt chart?

The timeline view doesn’t order tasks in a hierarchy as you would in a Gantt chat. It looks very confusing when there are multiple sets of top-level and sub-tasks. However this doesn’t feel too far away from a useful Gantt. I’m hoping Airtable’s product team are working on a tweak that would enable a real Gantt view - we would increase our usage of Airtable significantly if they did.

Agreed. My company is obsessed with Excel and Smartsheet. I’m the only Project person that uses AirTable. AirTable is distinctly lacking in some areas, and out performs in a lot of other areas. Gantt is one of the flaws of AirTable.

Shane_Hubbell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed with this - we need gantts

Rafael_Braga-Kr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Gantts is necessary! Please, built it! would be a game changer.

Steve_Simitzis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Coming here to look for a reason why Gantt charts haven’t been implemented - it’s a strange omission. I’ve been using the Timeline block for this project, and it’s extremely clunky. You want your timeline to be fullscreen and easily accessible, alongside the other views (Kanban, Calendar, List, etc). You don’t wan’t it shoved into a small box off in a side panel, hidden behind a button. While you can expand the timeline to full screen, all the extra friction it takes to find the timeline, and open it up to a usable view has made our timeline completely invisible to the rest of the team. You can’t even link directly to the timeline, which makes it hard to share in Slack. (I’ve had to keep taking updated screenshots to post to the group.) No one on my team has thought to look for the timeline hidden behind the “Blocks” button, (no one even understands what blocks are) no matter how clearly I explain how to access the timeline.

The simplest fix is to simply have the timeline be a first class citizen and promote it into Views, alongside Kanban, Calendar, List, etc. As a user, it’s not at all clear why Kanban is a view but Timeline is a block, or even why there’s an arbitrary distinction. It doesn’t make sense, and it adds unnecessary friction both to my workflow and to the rest of my team’s ability to stay in sync with the schedule.

I love everything else about Airtable but all the friction involved with timelines has made this a “write-only” repository of tasks.

Matt_Jones
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
  • another vote from me. We NEED Gantt charts.