727 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_Dalton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello. It appears the “sort by” option isn’t working in a couple of my bases. When sorting by the name field (A), it is creating two consecutive lists A>Z. It isn’t sorting them alphabetically as one column. They are not grouped, filtered, or sorted by anything else. Nothing weird with their names, no punctuation or anything like that. Checked two other bases, one is working (only has 43 records), and the other isn’t sorting properly either. Any suggestions? Thank you! Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 3.55.57 PM Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 3.56.08 PM Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 3.56.36 PM

4 Replies 4

I would double-click into the name fields for the first set of A fo Z, and see if there is a leading space before the names.

Annoyingly, Airtable hides leading spaces when you click out of the field, even if the leading spaces are there.

That’s it! Thank you so much. I’ll check my zaps and see if there’s something causing the leading spaces.

You’re welcome! Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, if you have a chance, please be sure to email support@airtable.com to request that they stop trimming leading spaces. It’s super annoying, and has caused countless problems for people!

Will do! Thank you again.