Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Sort groups by first create date of record in group

Topic Labels: Views
351 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m trying to be able to sort my groups by the first created date/time of a record in that group.

Essentially, I am trying to create an order form, where the customer’s phone number is the primary field. Each item a customer orders will need to be its own record, and there might be multiple customer orders coming in from the form by different employees sometimes a few minutes apart, but each customers’ items would be fulfilled at the same time.

In my screenshot, I would need the 0433 order to come 2nd, as the the first item for them was placed before the first item for 0422 .

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 12.25.44 pm

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Do you have a separate linked table for [Customers] (versus orders)? If not I recommend having one. Then you can use a rollup field in the [Customers] table that identifies the earliest order/item with the rollup formula MIN(values). Then you can send that earliest date/time back to all of the linked [Orders] with another rollup field {Earliest Order Time}.

You will also need to group by the {Earliest Order Time} field in to see the groups in the order you want.