cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Sardinha
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey everyone.

I’m pulling phone numbers from linked records and they come into the cell like the 777-777-7777, 888-888-8888, 999-999-9999. I’m looking to split those into separate columns as well but for the life of me can’t figure it out.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s help.

1 Reply 1
pcbowers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Chris_Sardinha It may help to figure out exactly what you want to do with these numbers. Currently, Airtable does not support this, though I would not bash on Airtable for this: What happens if you have 300 numbers linked? You would have to have some way of dynamically adding columns for each new number. Finding ways to do this in Excel or any other tool would by very close to impossible. If you knew it was going to be just 3 numbers, you may want to make multiple linked record fields rather than trying to parse them out from 1, having a primary, secondary, and tertiary phone number for instance.

That being said, in my experience, I have not yet run into a use-case that would require it. Typically, there is some other way of coming to the same solution. I would love to help if you had a specific use case I could look at and problem-solve with you!