7154 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Allington
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am new to Airtable so forgive me if this is an easy answer. I have searched the forum and can not find the solution.

I want to sum a field with several records {days worked}, by group {name}. I have accomplished this by grouping by {name} and the result shows in the group bar. I want to use the results of this in another formula calculation, in a different table.

image.png

Thank you in advance for any help.

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steve_Allington

@AlliAlosa, you are also #1 in my book, it worked perfectly!! :grinning: :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: :blush: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I would change your single select field {Name} to be a linked record field, and link it to a new table. You can then use rollup fields on the new table to get the info displayed in the summary bar.

For example, to get the number of {Days Worked}, add a rollup field to the new table. Select [Progress] as the table, and {Days Worked} as the field, then use the formula function:

SUM(values)

Hope that helps!

@AlliAlosa, you describe stuff in a simple, and a very easy-to-understand flow. I’ve decided to read everything you have ever written or may ever write in the future. Seriously - you have a talent.

Wow - thank you so much! You just made my day! I just love Airtable and helping people get the most of it - thanks for the kind words :slightly_smiling_face:

Steve_Allington

@AlliAlosa, you are also #1 in my book, it worked perfectly!! :grinning: :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: :blush: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

See, @Steve_Allington agrees - your explanations rock!

And from NH no less (Hampton Beach native).

Alli, great fix! I posted about this same topic elsewhere, but hoping you can help me. I used your Solve above to do generally the same thing. However, I have a filter applied to the view that I am using that only shows records that were completed from the last 45 days. Also, throughout the day, we have records getting completed that I want added to that rollup automatically. Do you know of a way to achieve this? Here is a link to my post: How to use summary of data (Avg) number in another formula

Thanks in advance!