cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williamsj51204
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I believe it's been asked many times but I'd like to see if there's any update.

I'm trying to count how many records I have within a day and add the sum number to automation emails.

So the recipients can have the sum numbers from their emails every day.

I've figured out some ways to do so:

1) Summary bar

However, I can only have the sum in the summary bar, which can't be added to the automation emails.

2)Count field

But can only be applied to linked records. It can be done by linking the records to a new table, but that leads to 2 problems:
1. requires linking the records manually
2. requires creating new records in the new table manually every day

I need to make them fully automated.

I wonder if there's a way to count all the records and put them into email automation, thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you're just trying to do a simple count, you can do this with Airtable's automations as long as the count is less than 100 records. In your automation, you would perform a "Find Records" action, and then you can use the "length" result in subsequent actions.

If you'll be working with more than 100 records, then you either need to write your own custom Javascript or you would need to use Make, which is a low-code/no-code automation tool for Airtable. I've written up a bunch of training instructions for Make in this thread: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you're just trying to do a simple count, you can do this with Airtable's automations as long as the count is less than 100 records. In your automation, you would perform a "Find Records" action, and then you can use the "length" result in subsequent actions.

If you'll be working with more than 100 records, then you either need to write your own custom Javascript or you would need to use Make, which is a low-code/no-code automation tool for Airtable. I've written up a bunch of training instructions for Make in this thread: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277

Thank you! That's what Im exactly looking for!