433 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan_Hamilto1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a central Airtable repository where records are managed. That repository is synced up to a second base. In that second base, whenever a record is added to the central repository, a new record is created in the second base in a tab separate from the synced data. All this works well.

But what I’d like to achieve is the following: When new records are added to the central repository, I automatically assign them a Pending status.

A new record is created in the second base with that status based on the sync.

But when I update the status to Complete in the central repository, the already created record in the second base retains the Pending status, even though the central repository and synced data display the updated Complete status.

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?

The automation I’ve set up to add a new record to the 2nd base whenever added to the central repository is demonstrated in the below screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 11.50.24 PM
Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 11.50.12 PM

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Nathan_Hamilton! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: One possible solution would be to link the new record in the second base with its original synced counterpart, and use a lookup field to bring the status across from the synced record.