547 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielP
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Let’s say I have a Base with 2 tables “people” and “countries”. The people table contains a “country” column that links to the “country name” column in the countries table.

Now I want to sync the grid view in BOTH tables to a new base (so that the new base also contains 2 tables). At the moment, I do this 1 table/view at a time, and in the process I lose the links between the tables (so that the “country” column in the people table ceases to be a linked record and becomes plain text).

Is there any way to sync multiple/linked tables without losing the links?

4 Replies 4

Hi @DanielP and welcome back to the community!

You could just copy the base itself if you don’t have to merge the data with other, already existent data. Otherwise, I don’t think it’s possible.

problem with this is that my source base is updated automatically. So a copy will drift out of synch quickly.

To confirm what @Databaser said, this isn’t currently possible, at least not without building your own re-syncing system that recreates links between the synced tables in the destination base.

matthew_b
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @DanielP you could use Whalesync’s Airtable x Airtable sync to accomplish this. It supports linked records across synced tables.