Help

Tabbing out of a "long text" field?

918 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When typing in a field that is designated as “long text”, is there any way to use the keyboard to move onto the next field? We’ve tried tab, return, command-return, etc. — but we always end up having to use our mouse to move onto the next field.

2 Replies 2

Tab works fine for me on the Mac, in both the browser and desktop versions. What platform are you on?

Thanks, @Justin_Barrett! I am using Airtable on Mac (macOS Mojave 10.14.5) in the Safari web browser.

This is very strange, because the tab key just started working for me to get out of long text fields! :slightly_smiling_face:

I was going to create a video of my screen for you to show you the problem in action, but then it started working!

This is great news! :slightly_smiling_face:

But since the problem was totally consistent for me in the past — for several weeks — I’m wondering if there was some “exact order of sequences” that I was doing things in Airtable which caused the tab key to fail when trying to leave a long text field. Hmmm…

Alternatively, maybe it was just some strange Safari problem that got fixed when I restarted my computer today, because today was the first time I restarted my computer in a few weeks. This seems like the more logical explanation, so we shall see if the problem crops up again!

I will keep you posted if this problem returns in the future!

Thanks again! :slightly_smiling_face: