Help

Toggle Field Visibility in Expanded Records (Shared Gallery View)

Topic Labels: Views
1414 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

When I share/embed a Calendar View, I have the ability to choose which fields are hidden and which are visible in an expanded record. Does the Gallery View have the same capability?

It looks like if you want a field to show up at all, it has to first be visible on the card. Otherwise, it’s hidden in the expanded record as well. It’d be great to be able to select a couple of pertinent fields for the cards, then dive into greater detail in the expanded record.

I’d rather not choose the “show all fields in expanded records” option, as there are some fields I want to stay hidden.

Any ideas? Thank you!

2 Replies 2
R_Felciano_QIAG
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would love to see a way to explicitly control the filed visibility for the Calendar view records. This is particualrly helpful when you want to publish and share a calendar via the URL link, and only want to expose a subset of the record’s fields

ME_Training
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 for the ability to explicitly control which fields are visible in the expanded gallery view vs the outer card. Showing “all” fields in expanded records puts an enormous limit on how a base can be used and just encourages users to use a workaround like copy/paste from a master sheet to a limited sheet. This seems like it goes against the entire ethos of Airtable. And yet, what is the point of an expanded view if not a method for revealing more information than is visible in the outer card?