942 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaden_Bussel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello. I recently created a survey in Airtable and can see the results, but am having trouble getting totals for certain result areas. Such as how many people voted 1, voted 2, etc. If someone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Kaden_Bussel! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Could you share more details about your setup? Screenshots would be a big help (feel free to mask/hide things in screenshots if needed). The more specific info you can share, the easier it’ll be for us to help.

Kaden_Bussel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you for the response! Attached is a screenshot of what I am asking about. We can see the results for each question, but I am curious as to how I make it so it shows the results in columns; ex. “10 answered a 4, 3 answered a 2” etc. Thank you again!
Screenshot (12)

Welcome to the community, @Kaden_Bussel! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Unfortunately column-level summaries are tricky to do in a database without extra help. This is because database records have no inherent knowledge of the existence of other records. Without linking records together, each row (record) is a somewhat independent entity.

While there are some simple summaries that you can do using the summary bar options at the bottom of each field, the tally of selected options that you want can’t be done that way. That kind of summary collection is currently only buildable by using a script in a Scripting app, which can parse through each field of each record, tally the selected options, and then display the results in the Scripting interface.

Would you be interested in learning how to create such a script yourself, or would you prefer to hire a developer to write such a script for you?