521 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auekk2787
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is it possible to see revision history for changes to a View? I have a base that's shared with many people, and there's one collaborative view which is being changed with filters and sorts. I don't want to lock this view down, because some people do need to make updates. So I'm trying to track down who is tampering with the view setup. Is that possible to see?

3 Replies 3

No, I don't think so. Setting up an interface may be the best option here. Takes a little more effort, but you can now set default filters. This way any tampering can just be easily reset.

Sistema_Aotearo_0-1720756514481.png

Sistema_Aotearo_1-1720756540347.png

It looks something like this. In your Interface filters, choose "Dropdown". Choose as many fields you want users to be able to filter by. Then you can set the default option for each.

Justin Ng
Programme Coordinator at Sistema Aotearoa
https://www.sistemaaotearoa.org.nz/
sflorez
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! Unfortunately I think locking the view is your best bet here, there is currently no way to see who is altering that view's configuration. As an aside if the folks that need access need to change the filters then you could work with them to establish a process for unlocking, updating and re-locking the view when those changes need to be made.

Sebastian at Stradia Partners

If you have enterprise, you may have access to audit logs that might state when a user changed the view, but the last time I looked at enterprise audit logs, they were very tedious to parse through and hard to understand.

It is very common for people to change view settings without realizing that they are affecting other people. The vast majority of the time these changes are not malicious or laziness; they are done out of ignorance.

If people need to work in data views and edit filters, user education is crucial. Editors can change view filters, even though they cannot edit field configurations. In addition to locking views and using personal views, I use view sections to indicate which views are not to be touched, or only touched by specific people. I also name views with people's names so that people know not to mess with a view with someone else's name.