502 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Kramer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We use Airtable to “process” company data (ie. add additional information about a prospect). I have interns enter a view called “Data Processing” where each row represents a company, and there are several fields for them fill out before clicking a checkbox to mark the row as complete.

Each intern has their own Airtable login, so I’m wondering what’s the best way to track “companies processed per intern?”

My first thought was to create a multiple select field called “Processed By” where they would select their name from the list, thus marking the company as processed by them, but that seems a bit tedious and error prone.

Is there a way to automatically populate a formula field with this information? Such as “capture who the last editor was within a certain view?” Or “who checked the checkbox in the 'Data Processing view?”

Another similar example: the interns must write “icebreakers” for companies as well. Today once they’re finished writing their icebreaker, they click the checkbox to mark the icebreaker (and row/company) as complete. I don’t have a great automatic way to capture WHO performed this activity right now - so any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies 2
Sam_Kramer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 10.53.49 AM

Welcome to the community, @Sam_Kramer!

There is a special field type called “Last Modified By”. It will give you the name of the last collaborator who edited a record, and you can even tell it to only monitor certain fields.