8695 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graham_Charles
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there! I’m just curious how I enforce unique values in a column or a group of columns – that is, how to enforce a unique constraint. So that I don’t, for example, accidentally enter the same person (combination First Name + Last Name) twice.

15 Replies 15
Alexandre_42
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What suited my case:
I created a column simple select with a value “NOK” with the color red
I created an automation:

• trigger:
    • whatever you like
  • action:
    • find records (creates a list of records that passes a condition)
  • conditional action
    • if list_records > 1 → set simple select of curent record as NOK

And then every time i create a new record if it already exists, i see it with that with the flag NOK and i can decide to remove the new record or fuse the new and the old one

Thanks @Alexandre_42. I am trying to do the same. But htere issomething that I do’nt get: ¿What is the condition to cretae a list with the same value in a column? Thank’s

@Alexandre_42 I finnally get it done. Your advice were very usefull for me. Many thank’s

agbush
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding a voice to get this added as a native feature in the product - i just want a way of setting  "this text column needs to have uniqe data in it"

cameron_tangata
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Any updates on this? I don't think I need to say how important this is.

MarcoLaRosa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same problem with my item master data. I don't want to use the same SKU twice and therefore it would help to set a column to "unique values" so you are not even able to add if it´s already used.