Help

Re: Unwanted quotation marks when copy-pasting a concatenate formula field outside of Airtable

1140 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amaury_HALLE
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi community,
I wish to copy-paste my field outside of Airtable in programs such as WhatsApp, Notes or Notion… However, the pasted text ends up with unwanted quotation marks at the beginning and at the end whereas in Airtable there are not visible quotations marks.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 09.25.21

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 09.32.54

This is the formula I’m currently using:

CONCATENATE(‘Buenas tardes ‘,{First Name},’\n\n¡Espero que estés muy bien!\nComo te comentaba ayer, (…) manera interna.\n\nEncontrarás adjunto un showcase de algunos proyectos que hemos implementados recientemente con empresas tecnológicas.\n\nMuchas gracias por tu apoyo ‘,{First Name},’ y hasta pronto!\n\nAmaury’)

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

dont use ctrl+a to select all. thats what gave me this problem

Thanks @Rebecca_Elam, but how do you do instead?
As you can imagine, the purpose of creating this concatenate formula is to save me time and easily move it around copy-pasting.

My guess is that you’re selecting the field and copying directly. If your text contains commas, Airtable automatically wraps the whole thing in quotes just in case you end up pasting it somewhere else in Airtable where the commas might be seen as separators.

Here’s a workaround. Select the field, then press Shift+Space to expand just that field into a larger pop-up. Click and drag to highlight the text in that popup, and it won’t contain any commas when you paste it elsewhere. (I have to do this with a setup that I use regularly. It’s slightly annoying, but it works.)