1016 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Weng-IC
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, my aim is to create a table with all my customer update details.

I hope to archive when ever i send a survey to customer via Typeform or mailchimp platform. The answers will be create/add/update to my Airtable. The main identifier is by email address.

Is this possible?

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Unless you write your own custom Javascripts to handle this, this is only possible with external integration tools. My personal favorite is Make.com because it is cheaper & significantly more powerful than Zapier, but Make.com has poor tech support and is pretty difficult to learn, so the more limited Zapier remains a popular choice for many people.

Weng-IC

Thanks, do you mean if i subscribe to Zapier, I can do it without code? just using trigger?

If I need the scripts do you have an idea how much will it cost?

No matter which method you use, you will need to spend time creating your own custom workflow to fit your needs. This would require time to learn one of the platforms (or learn how to script), or you can hire an Airtable consultant to help you.

I am one of the more experienced Airtable consultants & more expensive Airtable consultants because I work on a retainer basis, and you can work with me by reaching out to me through my website at scottworld.com:

You can also find other Airtable consultants here:

Cycle_Cycle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey there @Weng-IC !!

Can you explain your use case a little more? I think there are definitely some easier ways than what has been proposed in this thread and ones that wouldn’t require you to write any custom code, scripts, or use Zapier/Make.

I’ve worked with forms a ton and can probably give you some pointers!

1. I will have a list or empty Main customer profile.

2) I will send survey from Typeform or Mailchimp to customer and with their responds from the survey. The main customer profile will add on to the existing field or create if the field is not there.

3) We will use email as main identifier.

We will continue to send new survey in future so this “Scripts” or “trigger” will need to work for my future survey forms.

Thank you

Alright got it working for you. No scripts needed :grinning:

STEP 1
First you are going to want to create a link to the form via a formula in your records table

That formula will need to be constructed via concatenate() and utilize the encode_url_component() formula as well. Here is my example formula I wrote:

Example Formula

Then when you invite your users to fill out the form, you NEED to give them the link in their record-row (which is a unique prefilled form link to them)

You can provide this via an automated email from Airtable or you can manually copy and paste that link and provide it to the correct individuals

STEP 2
Then you are going to want to write an automation that catches those new form submissions and updates the correct record. Heres my automation

Overview:

Summary

Find Records:

Summary

Update Record:

Summary

LAST THOUGHTS

I did my working example with an Airtable form (which you can do as well depending on the complexity of your actual form), but if you choose another you will have to do a few more steps. Depending on your form-provider of choice you have some different options.

For example, Jotform provides a native Airtable integration and the ability to prefill form fields just like Airtable.

Same with Typeform! Heres their native integration information → Typeform<>Airtable

Lastly, if you do choose to use Typeform or Jotform, you would just need to change your automation trigger in Airtable to be “When record is created” rather than “When form is submitted”

Hopefully that helps!