511 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joanna_Parker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I was wondering if anyone has advice on updating some fields in our system?

We currently use Airtable to record a register of attendees for some community group work sessions we run. We are needing to see the countries of origin that are represented in our sessions, but due to changes during the pandemic this information was not always able to be collected.

I would like to see if there is a way to gather this information as and when participants attend our sessions in the future through the attendance register we have set up.

We take registration using a form that links to our participants list, which needs to stay exactly the same for ease-of-use by our staff.

Is there a way that when a participant’s name is selected on the attendance form (using the Add+ field under ‘Student Name’, pictured below), a second window can open requesting their Country of Origin if the field for their record is blank?

This would need to be separate to the form as there are multiple participants per session being submitted on the same form. And I would like to see if this could be an option for all of them as and when their names are selected. Again, only if their respective ‘Country of Origin’ field is blank.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance fellow AirTablers :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @Joanna_Parker!

No, this is not possible with Airtable’s native forms. You could achieve this with the MiniExtensions form, though:

p.s. It can be tricky to setup MiniExtensions, so if you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you set this up, please feel free to contact me through my website:

Ah, that’s a shame.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, but I don’t think these are quite the solutions I’m looking for. I will support the staff team in person, and update this information manually.

Thanks again, J.