497 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshah72
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is there any share view option in which I can share a view in a table to a selected group of people?

I want a grouped and filtered view which can be only accessed by the managers and the other views can be accessed by all the people in the workspace.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nathaniel_Grano
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hm,
As I understand it, the Airtable permissions model restricts view access for members of your workspace only at the workspace level. So that means…

• Everyone who has permission to a given workspace will be able to view all of the tables/fields that are in bases in that workspace.
  • Users who are added only to specific bases (and not at the workspace level) will be able to view all of the tables/fields within the bases they are added to.
  • Airtable does offer control over who can create/edit/delete data at the table and field level but not who can view the data.

So the only way I can think of to achieve what you’re asking would be to create a base in a separate workspace that only managers have access to. And then, whatever views you want to be more broadly accesible you would need to share with a “shareable grid view link” or in an Airtable Interface that you share with the users in question.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Nathaniel_Grano
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hm,
As I understand it, the Airtable permissions model restricts view access for members of your workspace only at the workspace level. So that means…

• Everyone who has permission to a given workspace will be able to view all of the tables/fields that are in bases in that workspace.
  • Users who are added only to specific bases (and not at the workspace level) will be able to view all of the tables/fields within the bases they are added to.
  • Airtable does offer control over who can create/edit/delete data at the table and field level but not who can view the data.

So the only way I can think of to achieve what you’re asking would be to create a base in a separate workspace that only managers have access to. And then, whatever views you want to be more broadly accesible you would need to share with a “shareable grid view link” or in an Airtable Interface that you share with the users in question.

@mshah72 You could also create an interface that you only share with managers, and you can restrict it so that they can only see their particular interfaces.

Alternatively, you could use a portal to restrict access to certain data. Some of the popular options for Airtable portals are Noloco.io, MiniExtensions.com, GlideApps.com, Softr.io, Pory.io, and StackerHQ.com.